Searching for a honey butter recipe? Look no further. We are going to show you how to make your honey butter in just three easy steps. With a prep time of only five minutes, you can enjoy this sweet and creamy butter all month long.
RELATED: How To Make Butter In A Jar In 3 Easy Steps (Easy Project For Kids)
Easy Honey Butter Recipe for Your Homestead
Making Your Honey Butter
Mixing honey and butter can give you numerous health benefits. First, according to Healthline, honey is rich in antioxidants, iron, and Vitamin C. And, it can help you lower your cholesterol. But, since honey is also a huge source of sugar, make sure that you consume it in moderation.
On the other hand, butter contains nutrients like Vitamin A, Calcium, and Carotene. According to News Medical, butter can help you strengthen your bones and alleviate thyroid problems. Although as we know, a lot of brands of butter may contain a lot of calories and fats. So, you must remember to devour butter moderately.
Creating your homemade honey butter is indeed one of life’s indulgence. The mixture is a good addition to a lot of recipes. It can also stand perfectly on its own. You can use it as a dip or as a spread on toasts and pancakes. At the same time, you can also use it as the main ingredient for different dishes.
Learning how to make honey butter is easy. Plus, you can also store it in the freezer for around two to three months.
So, here are three easy steps you can follow to create your homemade honey butter.
1 cup unsalted or low-fat butter
1/3 cup honey
½ teaspoon of sea salt
Two tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar
- Whipped cream
- Chili, paprika, or other spices
- Chopped herbs like parsley and rosemary
- Large bowl
- Hand-held or stand mixer
Step 1: Mix Butter and Honey in a Bowl
Using your mixer, beat the butter for one minute on medium speed. If you don’t have a mixer, you can just use a fork. Wait until it is completely creamy and smooth.
Then, throw in the remaining ingredients, starting with the salt. Beat them on medium speed until the mixture is completely smooth. Taste, and add more salt according to your liking.
If you want your honey butter to be a bit spicy, you can add some chili flakes or paprika. Or, if you want to go for herby butter, you can garnish the butter with chopped parsley or rosemary.
RELATED: The Ancient History Between Humans and Honeybees
Step 2: Serve With a Drizzle of Honey
Once the taste is already okay for you, transfer the mixture to a plate. You can serve it with a sprinkle of sea salt and a drizzle of honey. If you want, you can also garnish with whipped cream or a dash of herbs.
Step 3: Refrigerate the Leftover
For longer storage, you can freeze your leftover honey butter. Chill the honey butter in the refrigerator and wrap it tightly with a few layers of plastic wrap. Freeze the butter for up to two months.
Quick Honey Butter Recipes
There are so many recipes that you can use your honey butter for. Here are some examples:
- Honey butter spread – you can use honey butter as a breakfast spread for your toast, rolls, and pancakes. You can also use it as a dip for biscuits and corn cobs.
- Cornbread with honey butter – mix honey butter along with the other ingredients for cornbread. As a result, the bread is fluffy on the inside and will taste sweet like honey.
- Honey butter ice cream – while making ice cream, you can throw in your honey butter for additional flavor. Alternatively, you can melt the butter and use it as garnish upon serving ice cream.
- Honey butter chicken wings – this is a famous Korean dish which is locally called Dakgangjeong. Upon frying chicken, cool it for one to two minutes and drizzle with melted honey butter for a sweet and salty taste.
- Seafood with honey butter sauce – use your butter mixture to fry seafood like oysters, shrimps, and mussels.
If you are curious on how to make honey butter chicken or Dakgangjeong, check out this recipe by Maangchi on YouTube:
Now, you have your homemade honey butter. Easy, right? Not only can you use it as a spread for bread or rolls, but you can also use it to create unique and flavorful dishes. You can also experiment with your butter mixture and add other herbs and spices like cinnamon and vanilla.
Have you tried creating your honey butter? What spices did you add? Share your tips in the comments below!
Fellow homesteaders, do you want to help others learn from your journey by becoming one of our original contributors? Write for us!
- 11 Honey Recipes | Ways To Cook With Honey
- How To Make Buttermilk On Your Homestead
- How To Freeze Blueberries In Your Homestead
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook!
The post 3-Step Sweet And Creamy Homemade Honey Butter Recipe appeared first on Homesteading Simple Self Sufficient Off-The-Grid | Homesteading.com.